Vietnam considers clearing $300 mil in back taxes to save economy

0 vote(s)Comment

Báo Thanh Niên English 1 week(s) ago

Vietnam considers clearing $300 mil in back taxes to save economy

The Finance Ministry has proposed relieving struggling businesses from a huge amount of tax debts to stem a rising tide of shutdowns and bankruptcy filings.

Keywords: 

Vinalines takes losses for 5th consecutive year

0 vote(s)Comment

Báo Dân Trí English 2 week(s) ago 1 related news

Vinalines takes losses for 5th consecutive year

Vietnam National Shipping Lines (Vinalines) is forecast to lose around VND1 trillion (USD47 million) in 2014, the fifth consecutive year of losses for the shipping giant.

Keywords: 

Privatisation process of SOEs starts to speed up

0 vote(s)Comment

VietNam News English 3 week(s) ago

Viet Nam aims to privatize all of its State-owned enterprises (SOEs) by the end of next year.

Keywords: 

Secondary steel importers in trouble

0 vote(s)Comment

VietNam News English 3 week(s) ago

Secondary steel importers in trouble

Secondary steel importers in Viet Nam are pleading with relevant management bodies for help because a newly-issued regulation on import steel quality is driving them to bankruptcy, according to Dien dan doanh nghiep (Business Forum) newspaper.

Keywords: 

GM offers at least US$1m for each ignition switch death

0 vote(s)Comment

Báo Đầu Tư English 1 month(s) ago

General Motors said on Monday it will pay at least $1 million and probably much more in compensation for people killed in car accidents tied to defective ignition switches.

Keywords: 

News laws shut the doors to foreign buyers of bad debt

0 vote(s)Comment

VietnamNet English 1 month(s) ago

VietNamNet Bridge – Vietnam’s recently amended bankruptcy and real estate business laws are acting at cross-purposes with the country's need to sell off its massive bad debts.

Keywords: 

Raising retirement age not the only choice

0 vote(s)Comment

VietnamNet English 1 month(s) ago

Raising retirement age not the only choice

VietNamNet Bridge – Pham Thi Hai Chuyen, Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, said that aside from raising the retirement age, there have been many solutions proposed to maintain the balance of revenues and expenses of the social insurance fund. The Saigon Tines Daily had a talk with the minister over the issues on the sidelines of National Assembly (NA) discussion session on Monday. Excerpts:

Keywords: 

Central bank to keep close eye on banking sector restructuring

0 vote(s)Comment

VietnamNet English 1 month(s) ago

Central bank to keep close eye on banking sector restructuring

VietNamNet Bridge – The State Bank of Viet Nam's Governor, Nguyen Van Binh, has said that he would continue monitoring credit institutions in the coming months.

Keywords: 

SBV to keep close eye on banking sector restructuring

0 vote(s)Comment

VietnamPlus English 1 month(s) ago 1 related news

Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) Nguyen Van Binh has said that he would continue monitoring credit institutions in the coming months.

Keywords: 

Central bank to keep close eye on banking sector restructuring

0 vote(s)Comment

VietNam News English 1 month(s) ago 1 related news

The State Bank of Viet Nam's Governor, Nguyen Van Binh, has said that he would continue monitoring credit institutions in the coming months.

Keywords: 

Ethanol producers on brink of bankruptcy

0 vote(s)Comment

VietnamNet English 1 month(s) ago

Ethanol producers on brink of bankruptcy

VietNamNet Bridge – Only 20 percent of ethanol can be sold in the domestic market, while the other 80 percent is being exported to Japan, South Korea and the Philippines.

Keywords: 

NA hopes to simplify control of all ID data

0 vote(s)Comment

VietnamNet English 1 month(s) ago 1 related news

NA hopes to simplify control of all ID data

VietNamNet Bridge – National Assembly deputies yesterday agreed that although the draft Law on Household Registration and draft Law on Citizen Identity Card were related, they were for different purposes and implemented differently.

Keywords: 

NA hopes to simplify control of all ID data

0 vote(s)Comment

SaiGon GP English 1 month(s) ago

NA hopes to simplify control of all ID data

HA NOI (VNS)— National Assembly deputies yesterday agreed that although the draft Law on Household Registration and draft Law on Citizen Identity Card were related, they were for different purposes and implemented differently.

Keywords: 

Press digest – June 19

0 vote(s)Comment

Báo điện tử CP English 1 month(s) ago 3 related news

Keywords: 

NA approves draft revised Bankruptcy Law

0 vote(s)Comment

Báo điện tử CP English 1 month(s) ago 1 related news

VGP – Lawmakers on June 19 voted to approve the Bankruptcy Law (amended) and discussed the draft Bill on Citizen Identification.

Keywords: 

Top page