Various young singers and musicians won awards at the final of Vietnamese Songs 2011 program, taking place in the evening of February 19 th at the HCM City Theatre.
Awardees showed their creativeness and abilities in composing and performing songs as well as conquering the audience’s hearts.
“Song of the Year” went to the composition, “Ky uc mua dong” (“Memory of Winter”), by Thanh Vuong.
With the song, “Noi ay co cha” (“Father is there”), singers Uyen Linh and Trung Quan Idol won “Most Beloved Singer”, voted by audiences.
Other awards included:
- Creative Award: Nguyen Vinh Tien and Nguyen Duc Cuong with the song, “Me toi va nhung thi xa vang” (“My mother and deserted towns”)
- Song voted by the jury of reporters: “Tra lai cho em” (“Giving back to you”), composed by Duong Cam
- Song voted by the jury of producers: “Dung yen” (“Standing still”) by Thai Trinh
- Most Beloved Song voted by audiences: “Cay bang” (“Malabar almond tree”) by Viet Phuong-Duc Cuong
- Promising award: singer Thai Trinh with the song “Dung yen”
- Devotion voted by the organising panel: musicians Hoai Sa and Thanh Tam
- Instrumental Harmony: Thanh Tam with the song “Con sau” (“The worm”).
Source: DV/NLDO Translated by Mai Huong