PANO - On July 26 th , Mr. To Huy Rua, Politburo member, Secretary of the Party Central Committee, Head of the Commission for Organization of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee, and representatives from Bac Ninh Province, Ministry of Labor, War-Invalids and Social Affairs, and Viettel Group visited and presented gifts to war-invalids and sick soldiers in convalescence in Thuan Thanh Convalescent Center for War-Invalids in Bac Ninh Province.
On behalf of the Party and State’s leaders, Mr. To Huy Rua heartily inquired after and expressed deep gratitude to war-invalids and sick soldiers for their great contributions to the national salvation. He also hailed the Center’s staff’s achievements in taking care of, treating and rehabilitating war-invalids and sick soldiers.
* The same day, Mrs. Tong Thi Phong, Politburo member, Deputy Chairwoman of the National Assembly, gave presents to three typical policy families in Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa Province.
* Mr. Nguyen Thien Nhan, member of the Party Central Committee, Deputy Prime Minister, on July 26 th , offered incenses and laid a wreath to heroes and martyrs at Thai Nguyen Provincial Memorial. There, while talking with Thai Nguyen City’s officials, civilians and youth union members, Deputy PM Nhan stressed that younger generations must engrave in their minds countless sacrifices of heroes and martyrs and bring the revolutionary heroic tradition into full play, in contribution to the national construction and defence.
* Admiral Nguyen Van Hien, Deputy Defence Minister, Commander of the Navy, on July 26 th , handed over gifts to policy beneficiaries, war-invalids and sick soldiers under treatment at the Military Institute of Traditional Medicine.
On behalf of the Defence Ministry’s leaders, Admiral Hien highly appreciated big contributions of war-invalids and sick soldiers to the national construction and defence cause and achievements of the Institute’s staff.
Admiral Hien also inquired after and presented gifts to some senior officers and revolutionary veterans treated in the institute.
* Senior Lieutenant-General Nguyen Thanh Cung, Deputy Defence Minister, on Jul 27 th presented 132 gifts to war-invalids and sick soldiers treated at the Nho Quan Convalescent Center for War-invalids and Sick Soldiers, Ninh Binh Province.
|Senior Lieutenant-General Nguyen Thanh Cung visiting Nho Quan Convalescent Center for War-invalids and Sick Soldiers. Photo: Duc Duc |
* On July 27 th , Colonel Le Van Binh, Chief of Khanh Hoa Provincial Military Headquarters, inquired after war-invalids, sick soldiers under treatment at Naval Hospital 87 and the Headquarters’ clinic.
Earlier, 85 local policy beneficiaries received gifts, totally valued at VND 93 million, from the Provincial People’s Committee.
* 64 men’s and 24 women’s military equipment were presented to war-invalids and sick soldiers at the Bac Giang Provincial Convalescent Center for accredited people in the national salvation by Department of Military Supplies under the General Department of Logistics and Department of Policies under the General Department of Politics.
* Three houses of gratitude have been lately handed over to policy families by the Artillery Arm. Seven more houses, valued at VND 60 million each, have been also erected.
* 21 houses of gratitude will be erected in localities under Military Zones 4 and 5 and Dong Thap Province by Military Bank.
On the occasion of the 65 th anniversary of War-Invalids and Martyrs’ Day, MB presented 29 savings accounts and 65 gifts to policy families in Ha Giang and Dong Thap Provinces, respectively.
* Factory Z121 under the General Department of Defence Industry has helped restore and build two martyrs’ cemeteries in Phu Tho Province at a cost of VND 270 million.
* The Department of Planning and Investment under the Defence Ministry, on July 26 th , decided to care Heroic Vietnamese Mothers Trinh Thi Thanh and Tran Thi Dong till the end of their lives. Two Mothers are natives in Binh Luc District, Ha Nam Province.
* Academy of Logistics, on July 26 th , solemnly organized a get-together for war-invalids, sick soldiers, Heroes of the People’s Armed Force, Heroes of Labor in renewal period and martyr’s relatives under the Academy. At the event, the Academy presented gifts to Heroic Vietnamese Mother Le Thi Tai, aged 98, and 29 war-invalids, sick soldiers and martyrs’ relatives.
|Duc Co District Martyrs' Cemetery inagurated |
* Division 2 under Military Zone 5 offered free health check-ups and medicines as well as presented 80 gifts, valued at 1.65 million each to former- female soldiers under heroic Company 3, Transportation Battalion 9 (present Transportation Battalion 25, Division 2) in the resistance war against American imperialist.
* Nearly 100 policy beneficiaries in Phu De village, Tuong Linh commune, Kim Bang district, Ha Nam province, received free health check-ups and medicines from the Provincial Military Headquarters.
* 30 savings accounts, worth VND 1 million each, were presented to martyrs’ relatives and sick soldiers in Hang Gai ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi on July 26 th .
* Gia Lai Province and VietinBank unveiled the Duc Co District Martyrs’ Cemetery on July 26 th . The cemetery, located at the Vietnam-Cambodia border area, is home to thousands of martyrs who died in Duc Co district and martyrs who sacrificed during their international missions in Cambodia.
Translated by Mai Huong