27 workers of Lien Hsing Co., Ltd. in Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Tao Industrial Park were hospitalized yesterday after eating meals provided by a company that was suspended two months ago.
A portion at the Lien Hsing Co., Ltd. yesterday noon Photo: Dan Tri
The food provider is Sao Viet Co., Ltd., located on Le Trong Tan Street in Binh Hung Hoa Ward, Binh Tan District.
Sao Viet was suspended for not meeting safety requirements for food processing but has sneakily continued operation, Huynh Le Thai Hoa, head of the city’s Department of Food Safety and Hygiene, said.
Ho said the department had taken sample of all of the dishes for testing and ordered Sao Viet to shut down immediately.
The workers were taken to Quoc Anh Hospital for treatment after developing food poisoning symptoms such as stomachache, vomiting, headache, fever and rashes on their bodies, Ho said.
27 workers of Lien Hsing being treated at the Quoc Anh Hospital in Binh Tan District for food poisoning yesterday (Photo: Nguoi Lao Dong)
They were among 111 workers who had eaten the lunch, which included cooked rice, fried kohlrabi, soup, and one of three optional dishes: fried pork, tuna sauteéd with tomatoes, or fired beef.
All of the victims said they had opted to eat tuna sauteéd with tomatoes. Meanwhile, other workers who did not eat this dish remained in normal conditions after lunch.