High school students in the north coast city of Hai Phong were hospitalized with suspected industrial poisoning on Tuesday.
More than two dozen students at Quan Toan Junior High in Hong Bang District were sent to a nearby medical center after they began coughing and finding it hard to breathe.
Whatever was in the air forced many of the school’s students to cover their noses with masks or scarves.
Two of them were still in hospital on Tuesday evening as their symptoms were more critical.
Some of the parents say their kids might have been poisoned by smoke discharged from the many steel factories in the area.
The authorities are investigating the incident.
Reported by Pham Hai Sam