(VOV) - Minh Hang, a pop singer from HCM City, became the ‘dancing queen’ at the finale of the Dancing with the Star 2012 in Hanoi on June 17.
Male model Truong Nam Thanh ranked second, followed by former model, actress Minh Thu.
Hang performed a Rumba and an Egyptian-styled free-style dance and won the absolute mark from the jury.
Nam Thanh performed international Tango and a contemporary dance. In the second dance, Thanh and his foreign partner blindfolded to show off their skills, winning thunderous applause from the audience.
Meanwhile, Anh Thu’s two dances did not impress the jury or the audience, except for wearing traditional Vietnamese dress (Ao Dai) to perform the Argentina Tango.
Dancing with the Star 2012, the third season in Vietnam, hit a record of the number of voting messages, with over 210,000 messages sent within 15 minutes, with Minh Hang winning 64 percent.
Other titles were presented, including:
- The best arrangement concept: Minh Quan - Nikoleta
- Perfect teamwork: Huynh Dong – Rusia
- The King of Standard Dances: Nam Thanh – Elena
- The Queen of Latin Dances: Anh Thu – Teodor
- The most impressive dancer: Phuong Thanh – Ivan
- The most favorite dancer: Minh Hang – Atanas
- Passionate and Natural dancer: Van Trang – Vasil