VietNamNet Bridge – On April 8, nine people in a family in the northern mountainous province of Lai Chau ate poisonous mushroom soup. Two of them died while six are in the hospital.
Patient Lo Thi Chung, 9.
Doctor Do Van Giang, director of the Lai Chau Hospital, says that these people took poisonous mushrooms on April 8, but until April 13, they were brought to a district-level hospital, with typical symptoms of poisoning.
Doctors could not save two patients, Lo Thi Thinh, 15, who was for three months pregnant, and Lo Van Chung, 40, from Than Uyen district. Thinh died on April 13 and Chung died on April 15.
On April 15, the remaining patients were transferred to the Lai Chau Hospital for treatment.
A patient, Lo Thi Hoa, 14, says that one week ago, she took some white mushroom from the forest to make soup.
Doctor Giang says that doctors have not defined the kind of poisonous mushroom that these people ate yet. Phuong Lan