1. The National Assembly approved the national land use plan for 2010-2015 and national master plan for land use until 2020.
2. The General Department of Geology and Minerals was re-established on October 1, 2011.
3. The 11th ASEAN Senior Officials Meeting on Minerals (ASOMM 11) and the third ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Minerals (AMMin 3) were held successfully.
4. The National Assembly issued a Resolution on supervising the implementation of policies and laws for economic zones and craft villages and on realizing the National Target Program on environmental pollution restoration and improvement between 2011-2015.
5. Ba Bể Lake in the northern province of Bắc Kạn was recognized by UNESCO as Ramsa region-a wetland of international importance.
6. For the first time, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment hosted the World Water Day, on March 22, 2011, in Ninh Thuận Province.
7. Việt Nam successfully organized the 17th Meeting of the Council of the Mekong River Commission from January 25-26, 2011.
8. Việt Nam's Sea and Island Week 2011 was held in Nha Trang, Khánh Hòa Province from June 5-8, 2011.
9. The PM approved the National Strategy on climate change adaptation on December 5, 2011. Accordingly, Việt Nam looks to become a prosperous, civilized, and sustainably developed country that produces little carbon dioxide and successfully copes with climate change.
10. The PM signed the Decision No. 1430/QĐ-TTg on August 19, 2011 to establish the Hồ Chí Minh City University of Natural Resources and Environment.
By Thùy Dung