Tuoi Tre has so far received nearly 850 questions for the 26-year-old midfielder, who plays for both his club and the national squad of Belgium.
Among them are some very interesting questions, such as that of reader Le Hoang Minh from Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Binh District. He asks: “Have you ever fallen victim to racism or discrimination? What do you think about racism? And what is your attitude towards the players who display racist behavior?”
Reader Nguyen Thanh Tuong, a student from the city’s Open University, asks: “It is said that behind the success of a man is a woman. What do you think about this saying? What has motivated you to remain a model leader of Manchester City, and help you to overcome all difficulties?”
Questions are now still open for readers. Five readers with the best questions will receive a shirt signed by Kompany.
“Spain will win Euro”
Kompany arrived at HCMC’s Tan San Nhat Airport yesterday, and attended a media meeting, where he shared some prediction about Euro 2012, which will officially kick off tonight with the opener between co-host Poland and Greece.
“As the host, Poland will win the opener, but Euro 2012 will see Spain take the crown again,” he told reporters.
* What are England’s chances of winning the championship? Amongst your fellows at Manchester City, who do you think will shine at Euro 2012?
We had a friendly match with England and lost 0 – 1. England is a strong team, well organized, and disciplined, so they will have many chances to prove themselves at Euro 2012. I think striker Balotelli of Italy may shine. But I also think goalie Joe Hart of England has even more chances, as he is one of the best keepers in Europe now. I wish my fellows good performances at Euro 2012.
* Belgian football currently has many talents. Do you feel upset that your national squad failed to qualify for the tournament?
This is a tough question. Belgium is a strong team and we are heading towards the 2014World Cup. Let’s wait and see our next performance.
* What was your first feeling when you arrived at Tan Son Nhat airport?
I was surprised at the lively and friendly atmosphere when I was warmly welcomed at the airport. I faced some small problems when passing the crowds, but still managed to give autograhps to several fans. Generally speaking, it’s special atmosphere. Thank you, Vietnamese fans.
* Why are you visiting Vietnam? Do you have any messages for the Vietnamese footballers?
After arriving at the airport, I wondered “Why haven’t I come to Vietnam?” I want to share
with Vietnamese players that you should always keep faith, and try your hardest to do what you want.
* Prior to the stretch when Dzeko and Aguero scored two goals in just five minutes to earn your side a 3-2 comeback win over QPR to grab the Premier League championship last season, did you think the cup would slip through your fingers?
My philosophy is to never lose faith. So my teammates and I tried to the last minute to score those incredible goals.
* Do you think Manchester City can protect the championship next season?
This is also a tough question. It will be difficult for us to protect the trophy as our rivals will also strengthen their forces.
* Who are the most worrying opponents you have ever encountered? Do you idolize any players?
Van Persie of Arsenal and Rooney of Manchester United are the most dangerous opponents. Fortunately, no one scored a goal when facing me. Defender Desailly and midfielder Patrick Vieira of France are my idols.