Two more people severely burned in a house fire in Ho Chi Minh City last weekend died on Monday, bringing the death toll to four, Nguoi Lao Dong newspaper reported.
Nguyen Thi Di, 54, and Nguyen Thanh Tien, 24, both of Cu Chi District, died at Cho Ray Hospital in District 5 after two days of treatment.
The survivors of the fire are now Nguyen Thanh Lien, 35, who is in critical condition, and her two daughters, 2 and 5 years old.
Di and Tien are Lien’s mother and brother.
At around 3 am last Saturday, nearby residents saw fire engulfing Lien’s house in Thuong Hamlet, Tan Thong Hoi Commune.
They broke down the home's door and rescued five of seven family members.
Nguyen Thanh Thang, Lien’s 22-year-old brother, and Nguyen Hoang Vinh, Lien’s nine-year-old son, were stuck on the second floor and burned to death.
Their bodies were recovered after the fire was put out an hour later.
Nguyen Ngoc Vi and Nguyen Ngoc Thao, Lien’s daughters, sustained minor injuries and have been discharged from the hospital.
A Tuoi Tre newspaper report said Lien and her husband, who is working abroad, bought the house in late 2010. She had opened an eatery there six days before the fire.
Initial investigations by HCMC Fire Fighting Police Department showed the fire was caused by a short circuit.
Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment