Fire hits Saigon’s five-star hotel
Read the original news
Many people, including hotel guests and staff, Saturday rushed into the street into panic following a fire that erupted at the five-star Sofitel Plaza Saigon located on Le Duan Boulevard in Ben Nghe District.
A cloud of black smoke was seen blowing into the air as a fire hit the five-star Sofitel Plaza Saigon in Ho Chi Minh City center. The photo was provided by a Facebook user. Photo: Tuoi Tre
The fire, which broke out at the building’s fourth floor at around 2pm, was put out a few minutes later before the city’s firefighters showed up.
Local residents said they saw the inferno sending thick plumes of black smoke into the air.
However, there were no reports of human casualties, according to local officials.
Police in district 1, who investigated the case, said the power line short circuit of the hotel’s air conditioning system(s) has caused the fire.
Thick plumes of black smoke were seen blowing into the air as a fire hit the five-star Sofitel Plaza Saigon in Ho Chi Minh City center on July 28, 2012. A photo provided by a Tuoi Tre's reader.