Feasts On Women’s Day
By Dat Tien
Where to eat out on the International Women’s Day (March 8)? Hotels and resorts of Saigontourist Holding Company are recommended places.
Rex Hotel Saigon (141 Nguyen Hue Blvd., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38292185)
• Rose Garden (on the hotel’s ground floor) donates a glass of wine to customers when they choose either the shrimp roasted with salt or the grilled Ribeye Australian beef. The dish costs VND735,000++ (US$35).
• Royal Garden (fifth floor) serves its two famous dishes—shrimps roasted with spice seeds and salmon fillets at VND735,000 per person. Customers can enjoy a complimentary glass of wine.
Majestic Hotel (1 Dong Khoi St., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38295517)
• Serenade Restaurant on the hotel’s seventh floor will serve a dinner with eternal love songs from 7:00-9:30 p.m. Diners take European dishes together with a glass of wine. Women are given a special glass of fruit juice and a nice gift. Tickets are sold for VND999,000 for a man, VND799,000 for a woman, and VND499,000 for a child.
• M. Bar, on the eighth floor, will offer a promotion for women: a 20% discount for food and drinks.
Grand Saigon Hotel (8 Dong Khoi St., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38294046)
• Chez-Nous Restaurant will serve a special lunch buffet for VND219,000 with a performance of decorating dishes with vegetables. Women will be given a gift for March 8. The event lasts from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on March 8.
• Grand Café, on the 20th floor, will entertain customers with a special program from 7:00-10:30 p.m. on March 8. Customers enjoy a music show as well as the restaurant’s exclusive à-la-carte dishes and drinks.
Hotel Continental Saigon (132 Dong Khoi St., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38257679)
Patio Restaurant will serve a special dinner with about 40 selected dishes and various beverages. Diners will enjoy a live performance of everlasting love songs and dances. They are also given a gift and join a lucky draw. Ticket prices are VND550,000 for an adult and VND390,000 for a child. A 15% discount for the ticket applies to women.
Que Huong-Liberty 2 Hotel (129-133 Ham Nghi Blvd., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38217022)
Champagne Restaurant will serve special grilled dishes in March. The menu displays such dishes as grilled duck-billed fish with tamarind, grilled river eel with lemon and chili, grilled snakehead fish with ginger leaves, and grilled calf with lemon grass. Diners will get a free starter. In particular, customers enjoy a 10% discount for each bill on weekends.
Liberty Central Hotel (179 Le Thanh Ton St., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38239269)
A special lunch buffet to welcome International Women’s Day will take place at the hotel on March 8. With VND249,000, customers will enjoy more than 30 European and Asian dishes and free drinks. Those who book 10 tickets beforehand are offered a 10% discount.
Thien Hong Hotel (52 Tan Da St., Dist. 5, HCMC. Tel: 08.38553472)
A dinner buffet for the International Women’s Day will be served from 6 p.m. on March 8 at the hotel’s ninth floor restaurant. Diners will enjoy more than 30 Chinese and Vietnamese dishes, including chicken leg salad, Sichuan duck and Thien Hong grilled pig rib. Customers enjoy a glass of cocktail, soft drink and ice cream. Buffet tickets are priced at VND250,000 for an adult and VND150,000 for a child.
Palace Hotel Saigon (56 Nguyen Hue Blvd., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38292860)
• Palace Café (ground floor) and Calibre Charner (first floor) will serve diners with set menus and 10 special dishes from 6:30-10:30 p.m. on March 8. Customers can choose Palace Café if they like its splendid façade decoration or Calibre Charner if they want to enjoy the music of the 1960s and 1970s with Jazz Queen Tuyet Loan. On the night of March 8, women are donated a glass of cocktail. A 20% discount for wine is offered and a 15% discount voucher is given to customers who order a set menu. Prices are VND499,000++ for a set menu and VND99,000++ for a-la-carte dishes.
• Golden Palace (fifth floor) serves a special buffet with more than 40 dishes of European and Asian styles and seafood dishes. The restaurant will donate women a massage voucher worth VND100,000 for use at Palace Hotel. The lunch buffet from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. with free tea and coffee costs each person VND250,000 and the dinner buffet (6:30-10 p.m.) with free soft drinks and beer and a free glass of red wine for women costs each person VND500,000.
Bong Sen Hotel (117-123 Dong Khoi St., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38291516)
• Green Leaf Café (ground floor) serves evening tea parties with many kinds of famous tea, cakes and snacks. Open hours: 2-5 p.m. every day. Price: VND169,000++/customer.
• Buffet Ganh Restaurant (ground floor) and Lotus Center (seventh floor) will serve buffets for March 8 with more than 40 dishes. During the cooking show, men can make a cake to present to their sweethearts. At night, the restaurant serves special dishes such as the mushroom hot pot with shrimps and crabs, and grilled American beef.
The lunch buffet, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. with free medicinal herb and brown-rice drinks, costs each person VND199,000++.
The dinner buffet, from 6:30-10:00 p.m. with free passion fruit juice, sugarcane juice and cocktail, costs VND390,000++.
Bong Sen Annex Hotel (61-63 Hai Ba Trung St., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38235818)
Co Noi Restaurant, located on the hotel’s eighth floor, serves buffets for VND129,000++/customer. With its beautiful view and cozy space, the restaurant is an ideal venue for companies or families.
Brodard Bakery (11 Nguyen Thiep St., 95 Nguyen Hue Blvd., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38276310)
Brodard Bakery launches its two new products—cakes in the form of a handbag and a lipstick, two favorite gifts for women. These exclusive cakes are expected to make the recipients surprised and happy. These products come out in a limited quantity and are priced at VND1 million (US$47.6).
Royal Revolving Restaurant (12D Cach Mang Thang Tam St., Dist. 1, HCMC. Tel: 08.38232232)
On the occasion of March 8, the restaurant serves its two new exclusive dishes—stewed H’Mong chicken and grilled red-tail catfish in tin foil.
From February 20 to March 31, the restaurant serves special drinks for women. The drinks, a mix of fruit juice, yogurt and honey, are priced at VND50,000 per glass.
Van Thanh Resort (48/10 Dien Bien Phu St., Binh Thanh Dist., HCMC. Tel: 08.35123025)
Buffets will be served from 5:00-8:30 p.m. on March 8. Diners will enjoy a variety of dishes, including seafood, as well as a live performance of flutes and guitars. Women will be given a gift. Buffet prices are VND220,000 for an adult and VND130,000 for a child.