VietNamNet Bridge - Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Sinh Hung has been nominated as the chairman of the 13th National Assembly (NA), 12th NA Chairman Nguyen Phu Trong made the announcements at the first session of the 13th NA on July 22.
The NA Standing Committee will consist of 18 members in all.
41 out of 63 NA deputy delegations agreed upon the number of members proposed by the 12th NA Standing Committee.
The NA voted for the approval on the number of members of the 13th NA Standing Committee with 18 members, including a chairman, four vice chairpersons and 13 members. 99.8 percent of NA deputies consented to the proposal.
Specifically, Mr Nguyen Sinh Hung was nominated as NA Chairman. The four vice chairpersons include Tong Thi Phong, Nguyen Kim Ngan, Uong Chu Luu and Huynh Ngoc Son of which, three members are acting as the 12th NA vice chairpersons and Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan is Minister of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs.
The list of the candidates nominated to be members of the NA Standing Committee was also announced, including nine new figures and four incumbent members including Phung Quoc Hien, chairperson of NA Finance and Budget Committee; Truong Thi Mai, chairperson of NA Social Affairs Committee; Ksor Phuoc, chairperson of NA Ethic Council; and Dao Trong Thi, chairperson of the NA Culture, Education, Youth, Teenager and Children Committee.
The nine new members include:
1. Nguyen Van Hien, chairperson of the NA Justice Committee and deputy head of the Standing Board of the Central Steering Board for Judicial Reform;
2. Nguyen Kim Khoa, chairperson of the NA Defense and Security Committee;
3. Nguyen Hanh Phuc, chairperson of the NA Office, and secretary of the Thai Binh Province Party Committee;
4. Nguyen Van Giau, chairperson of the NA Economic Committee, and governor of the State Bank of Vietnam;
5. Tran Van Hang, chairperson of the NA External Relations Committee, and deputy head of the Central Commission of Propaganda and Education;
6. Phan Xuan Dung, chairperson of the NA Science, Technology and Environment Committee;
7. Phan Trung Ly, chairperson of the NA Law Committee;
8. Nguyen Thi Nuong, head of the NA Deputies’ Affairs Committee, and deputy head of the Central Commission for Mass Mobilization; and
9. Bui Van Cuong, head of the NA People’s Aspiration Committee, and deputy secretary of the Gia Lai Province Party Committee.
NA deputies will elect the NA chairperson, deputy chairpersons and members of the NA Standing Committee on the afternoon of July 23.