- The 99-member Vietnamese delegation led by Secretary of Youth Union Central Committee Nguyen Manh Dung has started their trip to attend the 13th Vietnam-China Youth Meeting 2012 from July 26 to August 3.
- Dr. Hoang Ngoc Lam, vice head of the Survey and Mapping Agency under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, informed that in 2009, the United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names finished a map in which the namese of the Paracel and Spratly Islands was written in Vietnamese - Hoang Sa and Truogn Sa, respectively.
- A book featuring literature works by well-known Vietnamese writers including Ma Van Khang, Le Minh Khue, Doan Le, Ho Anh Thai and Nguyen Huy Thiep as recently been published in Korean. The collection by Geulnurim publishing house names “Anthology of the Vietnamese short stories.”
- The 4th ongoing Vietnam Idol has just concluded its nationwide audition round, giving 60 contestants chances to the next rounds. Kicked off on July 7, the singing competition this year has attracted around 25,000 participants.
- The steering Committees for Flood and Strom Prevention and Control in Ha Giang, Tuyen Quang, Lao Cai, Son La and Lai Chau has informed until July 26 afternoon, there are 10 people died and gone missing due to the storm No. 4, or tropical storm Vicente. According to the Central Hydrometeorological Prediction Center, the storm will continue to bring showers to northern mountainous provinces next days.
- A tiger at the Trai Bo ecosystem zone in Yen Bai has recently given birth to three tiger babies including 2 yellow tigers and 1 white one. Nguyen Si Quyet, vice director of Trai Bo, the tiger imported from Czech was pregnant in 110 – 114 days.
- On July 26, many universities across the country have announced their entrance exams’ results as well as predicted their passing scores.
- Ho Chi Minh City Pedagogical University in collaboration with the Consortium to Advance School Psychology in Vietnam on July 26 opened the two-day international seminar on developing skills for school psychology.
- According to a recent announcement of the Foreign Investment Agency and the Ministry of Planning and Investment, until July 20, there are 584 projects in the whole country granted foreign direct investment certificate with a total registered capital of USD5.2blillion, accounting 55.9% compared with the same period last year.