- The 97th World Congress of Esperanto on July 29 kicked off in Hanoi. The event, held by the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organization, the Vietnam Esperanto Association and the World Esperanto Association has seen the participation of more than 1,000 delegates from 62 countries and territories around the world. This is the first time Vietnam hosts the 125-year-old event.
- A filmmaking contest for students titled “SV Online 201” is organizing by Vietnam Television in collaboration with Zing Me social network. The competition with the total awards worth VND 1.5billion (US$71,000) receives entries until December 12.
- The international camp gathering children from the Indochina countries has recently concluded after 1 week taking place in Ho Chi Minh City. Titled “ Vong Tay Be Ban,” the event offered chances for 150 young campers to visit Rung Sac war zone in Can Gio, Cu Chi tunnel, HCMC’s War Remnants Museum and water puppet shows.
- 62 workers of Art Tango confectionery Ltd., Co. were hospitalized for dizziness and nausea after having lunch at the company’s cafeteria. 30 minutes after the meal, people started to have above symptoms. The workers are being treated at Binh Tan District General Hospital.
- Ly Son Island in the central province of Quang Ngai is now facing with the risk of being overwhelmed with garbage littered by local residents.
- The Wildlife at Risk (WAR), Ho Chi Minh City Forest Protection Department and the southern province of Kien Giang on July 27 put into operation the Hon Me Rescue Station in Hon Dat district. The 3ha station aims to rescue endangered rare animals in the Mekong Delta region before releasing them back into the wild.
- Binh Duong’s Hoa Phu Ward Police informed that they will investigate the case of the wedding of two lesbians recently. Around 150 people attended their wedding party at Huong Dong Que restaurant on Saturday.
- On July 29, Honda Vietnam (HVN) officially released the new SH automatic motorbike line at shops selling car and service credential by Honda. However, customers are complaining that the price of the motorbike at those shops is VND5million to VND6million higher than the official price announced by HVN.